UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A girl and her shoes

Except for being able to run with my best friend Lanette, nothing motivates me more to hit the pavement than a new pair of running shoes. With my Marine Corps marathon training starting soon, I definitely needed some serious motivation.

Today when I went into the running store, I had only 2 requirements for my shoes (okay I had a price requirement as well, but in order to meet my first two requirements, I had pretend I never made the pricing one).

Requirement #1: The shoe had to be a high cushion shoe.
Requirement #2: The shoe had to be PINK!

I don’t know what it is, but since having a little girl, I’ve fallen in love with all things pink. Not pastel pink, but bright, fun pink.

So I walked out of the store with these. Today I did 7 miles on the treadmill, and so far so good. They don’t make me any faster, or help me go any longer….but they sure do look cute!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Caro said...

Seven miles, darn woman!

I go two and it takes me FOREVER.

What is your usual mile time? Give me something to aspire to.

And I love your shoes.

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i went running today for the first time in...i don't even remember. My shoes are too small and blistered my toes, plus, my body forgot how to ran. my chest almost exploded and my shoulder was killing me...but i made it. i'm gonna try and do it every morning..but i gotta get some new shoes.

-s

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari- I think you may remember that I have a very PINK racing bike (makes the tris extra fun)- but have I ever mentioned to you my PINK skirt for running? I love it! Those TRIKS skirts are really quite fun to run in and the one I have happens to be that exact bright fun pink color...
L

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Caro --It all depends on my time. If I'm running REALLY long...like
over 12 miles. I think I do like 10 minute miles. But when I'm just
running around five or so, I do between 8 1/2 to 9 minute miles...I think. I don't really time myself except when I'm on the treadmill. I like to go slow whenever I can!

S -- Why the interest in running again? Hopefully you can get some
running on the boardwalk in in OC, NJ. That's my favorite for running!


L -- I have a black one...but I gotta have a pink one! Is there a website where I can purchase it?

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

since we moved to franklin i've not been able to partake in the daily physical activity i've come accustomed to (i.e. no biking to work), so running is my way of getting some of that back. I would ride my bike, but cycling neglects parts of the body that running doesn't, such as the stomach and lower back, so i'm trying to get those to the state that the rest of my body is in.

and yes, i plan on running the boards every day we are in O.C.

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Darn, you are fast.

My fastest mile when trying to hurry is ten minutes fifty seconds.

Snails pass me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home