UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Day for Dads

The past few years I’ve ordered different gift baskets to send to all the “dads” in our life. However, this year, with the kids being sick all last week and me being in some unnecessary funk lately, I just totally dropped the ball and sent out nothing. On Saturday, I managed to get a gift together for Melvin…traveling to 5 different stores with Max and Cameron to get him a gift card from all the places that he likes to shop. (Not too original, but better than Cameron's 2 ideas....a shout of "Hip Hip Horray!" or a container for bugs) But for everyone else, I didn’t even get cards sent out.

So I will acknowledge them here….and hope that I get something out to them by the end of the week.

Happy Father’s Day….

To my father



To my father-in-law





To Grandaddy Melvin




To Pop-pop Zibby




To Grandpa




To (Uncle) Wally



To the rookie dad, my brother, (Uncle) Scott



I hope you all had a wonderful day.

And all kudos to my own husband:

Although he works a lot, when he is home, he always takes time to spend with the kids. Yesterday, part of his father’s day gift was supposed to be for him to go fishing….alone…so he can actually fish…instead of babysit. But at the last minute, he couldn’t resist Cameron’s request to go with him, and he took him along. And then today, when he should have been relaxing, and doing everything for himself…he decided to have a family day instead, and we took the kids to Valley Fair (an amusement/water park) around here. What a wonderful dad he is!

To all the fathers out there…..Happy Father’s Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, Honoring all the Dads on your blog was the best tribute you could give for these wonderful Dads.
Love you. Mom

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
I haven't visited the blog in awhile. I agree with you mom, this is a great way to honor our Dads. I'll have to make sure Granddaddy Melvin sees it.
Aunt Sylvia

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari...You are right. Melvin ALWAYS takes time to spend with the kids and you. He is a great dad.

Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home