UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Don't Be Jealous


Everyone should go away, at least once a year, without their kids.

So this morning, when Cameron was crying because no one would play Lego StarWars with him, and Ella was throwing a fit everytime I put her down, and Max insisted on having oatmeal when we had none in the house, and then got into some party candy when I wasn’t looking and then cried because he wanted canned spaghetti, not what I had heated up from the fridge, then WANTED exactly what he told me that he did NOT like, then insisted on having some peanut butter and jelly…my five days away with just my husband certainly made this morning bearable….even enjoyable....

….at least for today.

4 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

How can you not be jealous? So glad you got some time away! It looks like you spent time on the beach, sleeping and managed to have some foo-foo drinks. Welcome back to real life...

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't take the kids long to "get back into the swing of things".....they don't miss a beat!!

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home. It looks like you had a wonderful time. You also look very relaxed.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger mi said...

I
AM
SO
JEALOUS!

But so happy for you as well. I'm glad you had a great time. You deserve it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home