UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Say it ain't so!


This is a picture of the view I get to experience everyday as I drive along one of the main roads close to my neighborhood. For a brief second, I am completely in awe of God's work with the beautiful reds, yellows, oranges and greens blending to form the perfect picture. I say "brief second" because in the next second, I become incredibly sad and depressed.

I can't enjoy the Fall foilage around here because in Minnesota, the colorful leaves only mean one thing....in a couple weeks...WINTER WILL STRIKE!

And in this week's forcast, they're predicting for that nasty four-letter "S" word to arrive.

Wednesday: Windy with rain and SNOW showers. Cold. High 39F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of precip 50%.
Thursday: SNOW showers at times. Highs in the low 40s and lows in the low 30s.


Goodbye Fall, for the short moment that you were here.

6 Comments:

At 11:28 PM, Blogger cg said...

Oh that is a beautiful vista you have - for a second at least. i am so sorry that the cold has crept up on you already! I will send you some warm SA weather to at least make it a bit more cozy

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

.....maybe you should move to Texas.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Is that Wedgewood Park area? I am spending nap time today trying to get everything winterized... It is so hard to put away all that deck furniture knowing that the snow will be here for the next, what 9 months or so?

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Not Wedgewood Park, but one of the Wedgewoods off of Woodbury Drive. I literally took this picture WHILE I was driving!!!!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Good triple tasking!

So pretty soon we get to see cute little fuzzy bundled up snowsuit action??

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! Our leaves haven't started changing yet. Maybe because it is still in the 80s. And snow?! I do hope we get some this year. I miss white christmas'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home