UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

And even more visitors


We had more relatives from Detroit visit this past weekend: my husband’s grandmother, father, stepmom, and their 2 daughters. Their youngest daughter (who would actually be my sister in law, and Cameron’s auntie) is 5 years old. Apparently last week, when her father was offering to buy Mikayla something, she wanted two things. A Barbie car and to “visit Cari.” How sweet is that! I’m right up there with Barbie!

Miss Mikayla was a trip! What a difference between a five year old boy and a five year old girl. Whenever I go to the mall with Cameron, all he wants to know is if we can go on the rides and hang out at Legoland. Mikayla’s greatest concern was whether she’d get to go shopping for butterfly clothes at what she called the “biggest mall in the world!”

When we pulled up to the mega-mall she was wide-eyed. “What’s this place called?” she inquired in a hypnotic state.

“The Mall of America,” I replied smiling.

“Why do they call it that?” she asked, still in a state of disbelief.

“Because when they built it, it was the biggest mall in our country.”

Mikayla sighed briefly, caught her breath and responded dreamily, “I’m in heaven!”

I had a great time with them this weekend. Brianna (who is 11) was like a little mom and a tremendous help. Melvin’s dad made us a lovely dinner, and his grandma blessed us with her peach cobbler. Cheryl even cleaned the guest bathroom before they left. I do hope they come back soon.

But not too soon. Taking the weekend off to entertain guests leaves me behind in EVERYTHING! So back to my homework I shall go.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ella is just getting cuter and cuter......can't wait to see her!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home