UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Stage Mom


This picture depicting a child's beauty pageant was in our local paper. I'm not sure what was more disturbing--the picture of the "unhappy" girl or her mother's quote stating, "I enjoy doing this with her; I enjoy doing all the little dress-up and picking out her outfits. If she wins in a category, she not only won, but I won, too. It's like she's my finished product."

Let me make this very clear...my children will NEVER be my finished product...

Nope, I'll be working on them for the rest of my life....and we have quite a bit of work to do.



4 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger LH said...

yikes. that picture is GLUM!
Have you watched the Tiara show on mtv? The parents go crazy about these pageants.

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to that little girl. She's probably going to need many years of theraphy for the resentment she's building up against her mother, and doesn't she know that God makes perfect, He's the beginner and the finisher!

Love, Auntie Nita

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger mi said...

Eek. Disturbing certainly describes it. I had the privelege of being in two local pageants as a kid. Each year we were asked the question of what animal would we like to be. The girl who won one year had been coached to say "I want to be a butterfly because they are beautiful like me." I came in runner up (Princess actually, a strange distinction for Pioneer Days, but I digress) with the answers of "I want to be a cow because I like milk" and "I would want to be a pig because I like bacon." Stated like true royalty, huh.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

bwahahahahaahaaaaaa....boy, is that mama in for a rude awakening one of these days....

also - I want to be a flounder becaus I like sushi. : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home