UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Finally Five


Today Cameron turned five.

I'm so happy, because now when I scold him saying, "Cameron, you're five. You should not be __________ (fill in the blank with anything from throwing a tantrum for something silly to falling off his chair for no reason at all), he might actually respond with some resemblence of shame...instead of an expression of glee followed by the phrase, "I'm five today? You mean today is my birthday?" To which I'd have to respond that no, he's still four and it's not his birthday, but he's really close to five, which is why I say that. And then of course the point of my rebuke is completely lost.

But today he was all smiles. (This is where my vegan, animal-activist brother needs to stop reading).

We took him fishing at a trout farm ( I warned you Scott...spare me the lecture, please), where he was so excited to get to use a new fishing pole his grandaddy in Detroit bought him. He actually caught 5 fish...2 all by himself. And they weren't too huge (as we had to pay by the pound), but we did end up with a very tasty dinner. He catches fish like I do....wants nothing to do with the worm, and nothing to do with the fish once it's pulled out of the water. He even did some screaming with fear as the fish flopped all around. Melvin has a similar video of me doing the exact same thing several years back.

Cameron also is quite excited to be five because he really pays attention to the ages that are on the boxes of toys. This morning he said to me. "Yes! Now that I'm five, I can actually transform my "5 year old" transformer that I got for Christmas." Kids are funny.

Tomorrow is the actual party. The theme he chose? All of them. He has a Robots movie cake, race car cookies, Yoda napkins, Spiderman plates, SpongeBob hats, Madagascar stickers and generic Happy Birthday goodie bags. It's his day. It's what he wanted. I hope he enjoys it all.

6 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Cameron and you are my FAVORITE 5 year old nephew!!

Aunt Dana

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAMERON!!! You're 5 years old? WOW!!! Hope your party is lots of fun. We love you!!!!

Aunt Nancy, Uncle Mark, Kristen, & Deanna XXXX0000

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger cg said...

Happy Happy birthday big boy - I am sure your day will be filled with fun and congratulations on catching all those fish!!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY CAMERON!!!
You'll have to take me fishing in NJ in July and then your Daddy can cook them for our dinner. Love you.
Mom-Mom

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

Tell Cameron that his auntie Nita, in Detroit, says Happy, happy, Birthday!!! And now that he's a big boy he can start his own blog (smile!)

Love ya'
Auntie Nita

 
At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Undomestis I think you have given yourself the wrong name Just from viewing your site you seem well adjusted and your home is very nice I to am from Detroit, but I have not leave there in years.Enjoy the kids while they are home because oneday they'll be gone. It goes by quickly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home