UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, May 14, 2006

A child's perspective

Cameron made a Mother's Day Scrapbook for me at school. Here's what it said:

Best things about Mom...She drives me places.
(I wish I was appreciated for more than my taxiing abilities...but I guess it's good to know he's grateful).

What Mom thinks is fun... Reading books with me!
(This is true, although I do wish he willingly would want to read with me for more reasons than just to prolong his bedtime.)

Mom likes to wear...Dresses
(Oh yes, because I ALWAYS dress up to take him to school, to buy groceries, to run around the park. He must be mistaking me for some Stepford Wife.)

Things Mom likes best...Flowers
(I do like flowers...preferably not the dandelions he's been bringing me. But to say I like flowers best? That's stretching it. What I like best is an uninterrupted night's sleep, a nice glass of wine, a relaxing day on a Caribbean Island with my husband, cooperative children)

Mom always says..."Maybe later."
(I'm sure some therapist will highlight the implications of this later in his life).

Being a Mom means...they love you!
(With all my heart, mind and soul)

Happy Mother's Day to all those brave, loving, dedicated mother's of this world.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

Chelsea asked me what I wanted for MOthers Day and i told her that I like getting gift certificates to Dunkin Donuts....she gave me 5.00 of her own money....it touched my heart...especially coming from a teenager. Love, Dana

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Mother's day ended with the warm fuzzy thoughts and feelings of being remembered. When we got home from church there were two phone messages waiting for me. (Did someone call Scott and tell him it was Mother's Day???? or does the role of fatherhood start putting these kind of dates in his memory bank????) Thank you Dana and Chelsea for staying over.......and playing Trivial Pursuit instead of heading for the TV/Computer room. Thank you Tom for treating us to a wonderful seafood brunch. It's often hard for me to be around the extended family as their children living close by gather together during these times. My feelings of missing my whole family together reaches its peak and some sadness kicks in. It is a rarity that all three kids, let along their families, come together. But thank God for phone service, email, blogs and air planes. I hope you all know I really enjoyed being a Mom.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home