UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

V

Yesterday we went to the Mall of America for Valentines Day when my husband got home from work.

("Instead of getting you something trite like a card or flowers or something, I figured it would be better to spend time doing something as a family for Valentine's day. " -- yeah okay, I guess I'll buy that). He did only get a couple hours of sleep the previous two nights, so this was a sacrifice for him.

During our late dinner at a restaurant where there were no other kids in site:
1. Cameron colored his menu with precision, and we had to constantly remind him to eat his meal.
2. Max..well, you know how dinner goes with him...it is NO different when we're at a nice restaurant
3. Ella, she sat so nicely on my lap, just smiling.

Sometimes I wonder if when the nurses brought her to the nursery after her birth that maybe they switched her with another baby. Because my other two children NEVER just sat nicely on my lap while eating dinner.

Overall, it WAS nice just being together as a family...although for my birthday, I hope to get something a little more trite.

Happy Belated Valentine's Day

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

You are due for a calm one.....plus, she's a girl!! She is adorable. I can't wait to see her again. Love, Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home