UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Successful feats


When I was a teacher, my day was filled with big and small accomplishments to help boost my ego. Sometimes it was a compliment from a parent, a paper showing incredible improvement from a student, a fellow colleague wanting to "borrow" one of my lessons.

Even as a grad student, the achievements were important. An "A" on an essay, a "very good question" from the professor, etc.

As a stay-at-home mom, carrying none of the above mentioned titles this term, I gain my inner satisfaction from other avenues.

Today....... I was able to use the bulb syringe to suck out the dried and clear boogers from Ella's nose.

Tomorrrow...my goal will be to do it without her screaming her head off.


Such triumph!!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos Cari! Yes you gotta find those warm fuzzies from the little things in life these days, don't ya! I can totally relate. As Dad would say, you are a trip, you make me laugh. Love ya.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger LH said...

that child is
unbelievably cute.
i can't believe she would have boogers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home