UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, December 23, 2005

sleepy eyes

I wonder if one can be allergic to a lack of sleep. My eyes have been very itchy lately. Well, actually, it's my eye lids. Right along the edge of them, top and bottom, they seem to be red and all day long I find myself rubbing and scratching them. One has to be very careful when scratching the edges of your eyelids...one false move and you can scratch your eyeball instead.

My husband says I'm having an allergic reaction to something. But I haven't changed my soap or make up or anything like that. So I think my lack of sleep is causing these itchy eyes. My husband says to take Benedryl...like I need something to make me drowsy!!!!

I keep thinking that each night, maybe it will get better. Maybe I'll get a little more sleep than the previous night. But it seems the opposite. Last night, starting at about 2 AM, I was up with ALL the kids at different times. Once with a screaming 1 1/2 year old who is having ear trouble. Twice with a 4 year old who can't seem to control his bladder at night. And a handful of times with my 2 week old who would rather sleep in mommy's arms than in her crib.

At about 6:30, I decided a stretch of sleep just wasn't going to happen.

Time to start the coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home