UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

That's quite far!

Today was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 3 Day Walk here in Minnesota. No, I didn't do the walk. But I know a few people who did; some were cancer survivors and some walked specifically for me. And for that, I just want to say THANK YOU!

Last year, as I was driving to meet with my surgeon to discuss my diagnosis for the first time, I drove over a bridge, and down below the 3 day participants were walking by. I remember getting the chills, thinking that these ladies were walking for me. These ladies had spent many hours raising money for me. They were out there, in pain, for me.

I've never walked 60 miles. Actually, I don't like walking at all. I prefer to run, because to me, walking takes to long. But a few of my friends have told me they want to do the 3-day next year. Now I can't very well let them do it without me! So I think I'll suck it up and plan to do some walking next year.

Thank you again to everyone who walked this year and in past years. Please feel free to send me a picture from your walk, as I'd love to (with your permission) post it to my blog.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Blogger mi said...

It's an amazing experience, and I think you'll really enjoy it. My cousin and I did it a few years ago, and it really changed my outlook on a lot of things for the better. How wonderful to have all those people out there supporting you!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Heidi Sue said...

It is truly an amazing experience that both Amy & I (Heidi Sue) walked in this year with 9 of my friends & family. My mother is a breast cancer survivor and was diagnosed in 2006. We've walked in it for 2 years now and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I highly encourage you and your friends to join in. It's unforgettable. You can check out our experience at: http://dubardolls.blogspot.com

By the way, I'm a nurse at united and I work with your husband. We all pray for you and your family.

Heidi Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home