UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, September 15, 2008

Say Cheese!!!

When I found out I was going to lose all my hair again, I immediately contacted a photographer. Despite the fact that I'm not a fan of my new short style and dark color, I wanted to get a family picture before I was sporting a shiny dome again.

The photographer I got in touch with at the last minute, Kathleen Smith, is part of the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep Foundation. Photographers who belong to this group offer their photo services for free to parents whose babies pass away at birth or soon after. Kathleen was the photographer on call when my friend's baby, Nathaniel, was born. Having pictures of their newborn son, who joined us in this world for 20 minutes, was such a blessing to my friend Andrea. And the pictures Kathleen took were amazing. (You can see Nathaniel's slideshow if you scroll down to the bottom of Andrea's blog).

I just felt so moved by her photos of Nathaniel, and to me, it was an honor to have Kathleen come to my home to take pictures of my own family.

I could write all about how Max would be laughing one minute and whining the next. Or I could go on and on about how Ella refused to smile at all and just would not cooperate. Or could write about how it started raining in the middle of our outdoor shoot, and so we had to move indoors.


But instead I'll just boast about how great Cameron was during the entire session; how adorable Ella's curls looked, even with her frowning face; and how Max's dimples saved him once again.


Finally, and most importantly, our photographer was wonderful. She was kind and patient and took so many pictures, we're sure to get something good, even with my stubborn little munchkins. Kathleen even offered to come back, when Ella's more photo friendly, to get any shots we might have missed.

You can check out more of her wonderful work at her website http://www.kathleensmithphoto.com/. Thank you Kathleen for a great afternoon!


12 Comments:

At 11:52 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Seriously!!! Adorable.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Great Photo! You guys look so cute! We love all of you :~D

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL family photo! God bless!

Love & hugs!


Psalm 115:13-15 "He will bless them that fear the LORD, both small and great. The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children. Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth."

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger jkhenson said...

wonderful photo! Looks like life to me! :))

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Cari- That is one of the best pictures I have seen!!!! You all look GREAT!

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

That's a great photo of all of you!
Beautiful.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

I'm in tears! What a beautiful family.

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari -

Great picture! Love the hair too!

Gayle

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Marsha said...

You really do have a beautiful family, this photo is wonderful.

I continue to remember you in prayer for complete healing.

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture. Can not even tell your little one does not want her picture done. Your kids are so cute. I love her curls. God bless you and your family.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger pl said...

You look so beautiful.
Re: losing hair...someone I ran into saw me bald and said to me, "Are you receiving your healing?" and I said, "Yes, I am!". And then she said, "Well, I pray for you to be restored to your complete health." And that is what I pray for you! I know you can do this!!!!!!!
Pam

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger LoveHopeFaith said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! despite the frown, everyone looked great! It ads character to the photo. Cari, you have a light around you- GOD is protecting you. You go girl!
Love Brenda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home