UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Something good

I have good news, and I have bad news.

First the bad news. The head/mouth/teeth/ear/neck/back pains on the right side still continue. Today they were really bad. In addition, I now have a pain at the top of my left groin that then shoots down my entire leg. My husband said this is probably due to the spinal tap I had yesterday. It should go away. At least it’s not yet another pain to add to my right side.

Now the good news. The preliminary results of all the extra tests done at Mayo showed no cancer in the spine. This is wonderful! Oh I’m so happy!!!!!! The final results won’t come in until next week probably, but for now, I’m dancin’ a little jig!

Also, my BRCA1 test came back. This is basically a genetic test that shows if I might have passed this particular breast cancer gene down to my daughter. It was discovered that I am not a carrier of that particular gene. I am SO RELIEVED about this. I’ve heard (although I could be wrong) that if you are a carrier of the gene, there is an 80 percent chance you would get breast cancer. I would hate to think that I passed something down to my daughter that could cause her so much pain. Not that it’s anyone’s fault, but I would still be filled with guilt. So I’m very happy about this.


Trust in God with all your heart, and do not rely on your own insight. In all your ways acknowledge God; who will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5,6

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

I am so thrilled for you! I can certainly relate [in part] to the relief from knowing that your daughter is safe too.

Wishing you painfree soonest.

Best wishes as always

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Marsha said...

I am sorry that you are still experiencing pain but that is wonderful news about the tests.

Your verse today is one of my all time favorite.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

YAY GOD!!! I'm so very happy to hear the news!!!

Romans 12:15
"Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep"

Love & hugs!

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger KC said...

i am SO HAPPY to hear the good news on the spinal tap.

still praying for pain relief - it'll work sometime soon, i hope.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger C said...

I am so happy about your news today - especially the BRCA test results! Yea!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger mi said...

That is great news indeed. You must be so relieved. Hopefully, you will also soon have relief from the pain you are experiencing. You must really feel pretty pleased today to know you are on the road to recovery for sure.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooooo glad to hear that the results are good!!!!! It is comforting to know that through the storm, the sun does indeed eventually shine through.....ESPECIALLY when we need it most. Still praying for you always. Love the family photo from previous post. I will email tomorrow!!! I am hoping for restful and painless sleep for you tonight......one day at a time! Love to you all, Michelle

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger cg said...

Oh wow that is such good news! What a relief that you a cancer free and that your DNA make up does not endanger your little girl. I totally understand that you can feel guilty even if it is not something you can control at all. And we are believing with you that your pain will subside and this period in your life will also one day be just a memory you can look back on and see how far you and your loved ones have come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home