UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, September 12, 2008

I guess size matters


The other day our nanny Sara was changing her baby's diaper. Max was watching her do this, and he became quite interested in what he saw.

"Why is that so big?" he asked referring to little Leo's scrotum.

Sara just told him that that's what little babies looked like (or something similar).

However, Max, who seems to be in competition with everyone lately, couldn't let anyone think he wasn't better or at least equal to this little baby. He had to find something on him that was bigger.

So his next response was "Well, I have a big penis. His is little."

Oh my....and so it starts.

--------------------------------------------------

Last night, even without Ativan, I was able to sleep through the night. Melvin even said that I was snoring! It was the best sleep I'd had since before my surgery.

Now I don't know if it was my new medications, or my full night of rest, but I had a lot less pain in my head today (probably a combination of both). My head was hardly hurting during the day (although I am experiencing some pain now), and I didn't need to take any Vicodin until tonight. The other issues on the right side of my face continued to bother me, including an earache. I'm hoping that the Neurontin that I just started will work this problem out soon.


I forgot to mention yesterday that when I was at Dr. Madavi's (the neurologist), she said that she wanted to order a spinal tap to be done on me. I can't remember if she wanted this to be done because of the spot they found on my MRI, or because of the pain and/or numbness I had been experiencing. To me, it doesn't matter why she said this...all I know is that when she said the words "spinal tap," I immediately shuddered. I actually know nothing about spinal taps, but I heard they stick a needle in your back, and that they're very painful. Dr. Madavi must have sensed my fear because she told me that I certainly can discuss it with my husband, and that I might want to go to my appointment at the Mayo Clinic and see what they say before I have the spinal tap done. Now it's not that I don't trust my doctor, I just don't like pain...any pain! Our Mayo appointment is Tuesday and Wednesday....I think I'll definitely see what they say first.

For now, I'm just incredibly thankful for the rest and since I feel so tired right now, I'm hoping tonight will be the same. Thank you to everyone who has been praying for better sleep for me. God is good.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari-
Your blogs each day just make me laugh. As I was reading this last one,it reminded me of another funny story. A friend of mine whose little girl age 3 was riding a bigger bike than she should of and lost control of the bike. She came in the house and told her mom,
"I think I broke my balls". Needless to say, they had quite the talk.
I am with you about the pain thing, if it's not needed... another opinion is always good and your husband is one smart cookie.
Hang in there, we are thinking about you and praying that you start to feel better.
Warmly,
Suzie

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I'm glad you had a mostly headache free day.

Men and their penises...Sean Jr was trying to show his to his ABA tutor the other day. Fortunately I caught him before he showed off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home