UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Equal Time



Max likes for things to be equal...all the time...about everything. "Why does Ella have an extra crumb with her cookie?" "Why was your smile at Cameron an extra millimeter bigger than your smile at me?"

So obviously I MUST give equal time on this blog donated to his first day of preschool today. Last year he attended just 2 mornings a week. This year he is going 3 days a week, from 9:30 to 2:00. Perfect timing I thought. Not too early trying to rush him there. Not too short of a day. Not too long either. I'm hoping for some good learning time to occur this year.

It was an amazingly peaceful dropoff. Last year I don't think there was a kid in the class who wasn't screaming, crying or at least whining. What difference a year makes. It was so quiet in that class, you'd think it was library time or something. All the kids were just content to quietly play with toys until the teacher was ready to begin. It was really nice.

Here's a picture of Max holding some telescope craft that he made all on his own yesterday when he was hanging out with me around the house. Max was NOT happy that he didn't have a backpack full of supplies to bring with him to school like Cameron. I was able to snap a picture of Max and Cameron together, but for some reason, Max did NOT want Cameron to touch him. He actually didn't want Cameron even in the picture. "No mom, it's my first day. No pictures of Cameron."

I am not happy to report that we had a chilly morning already. Keep thinking warm summer thoughts please! As usual, Ella jumped right into all the action and just started playing with all the toys in the classroom as if they belonged to her. I didn't get a chance to talk to the teacher because I had an appointment with my Radiation Oncologist (which I'll write about tomorrow), but overall it seems that Max had a very good day. He came home with a new song and dance that Cameron already knew, so the boys loved doing it together....especially the part where they got to stick their butts out while wiggling around. Boys.

Although I have a lot of reservations and am nervous about Max fitting in and really doing well, I'm also incredibly excited for him, thinking about how much he's going to grow and learn this year.

Here's to a wonderful year my little love bug Max!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Max is such a little cutie! He looks SOOO thrilled in the pictures :)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Great pictures! Way to go Max.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max looks very proud!!

Dana

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Awww, I'm glad it went well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home