UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

No results yet

I had my PET scan yesterday. They told me that the scan would be read later that day. So I figured I'd get my results today.

But I didn't. No call from my oncologist.

This could mean a number of things that are going through my mind right now.

1. Everything is perfectly fine, my oncologist was just very busy today. This is what I pray is the case.

2. The nurse/tech who did the scan screwed something up and it wasn't completed correctly or for some reason just was never read. Despite my positive experience I had back in August with this scan originally, I was not impressed this time around. The lady who administered everything with the scan was not very professional, and she had me lie with my arms above my head for the entire 30+ minute scan. This was NOT comfortable. And by the end, it took all my will power not to jump out of that machine, for my arms hurt so badly.

3. There's something the "reader" doesn't understand, so they need some extra time to research whatever the issue is.

4. There's something bad...more cancer...and the doctor didn't have the time to call to explain it all today.

I'm sure it's number one...but until I hear those words...that there is no cancer, I think I'll be a bit on edge. I'm DEFINITELY calling tomorrow!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying it's case #1 and also that you can get some sleep tonight and not worry too much-
L

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

THERE IS NO MORE CANCER IN THE NAME OF JESUS! You are healed and we will continue to lift you up in prayer for strengh as you run the last few miles of this race.

Love, Hugs, and & Kisses,

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Hang in there. Praying you get good news very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home