UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Swirling Emotions

I ended my boys' night by telling them that I was so upset by their not listening to me that I wasn't going to tuck them in and they were going to have to just say prayers by themselves. How mature of me. And then as Max came down asking me if I still loved him, over and over again, after assuring him that I did, I then sternly sent him back up to his room. No mom awards here tonight.

Then I was going to write in my blog all the things that led up to very poor attitude tonight to justify my anger. But reallly, is there there any appropriate excuse for not praying with your kids? .... Guilt...Guilt...Guilt.

And then I also thought of those 50 families just North of me who are homeless today...whose houses were flattened by the tornado on Sunday. I thought of the little 2 year old toddler who was killed, and all those who are injured. And I realized that I really have NO reason to be crabby.

I have my home; I have my family; I have my life. Now I better get upstairs and pray with my whiny 3 year old.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

As much as we hate to admit it, we've all been there. For me, the guilt usually comes after I scolded them and they've fallen asleep and they're laying there so peacefully. Sleeping kids always look so innocent.

You're a good mom and your children know you love them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home