UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Blah Blah Blah

Yesterday morning Ella was trying to go outside. She was still in her PJs, and it was just too early. She proceeded to unlock both locks on the door and try to scramble out. No matter how many times I shut the door and relocked it, she just screamed and continued to undo the locks and try to get out.

After too many rounds of this, I moved her away from the door and told her very firmly that she was not to go outside. As I was lecturing her, that little girl took a slight glance at me, then stuck her fingers in her ears, making it very clear that I could talk all I want, but she was not listening.

Where in the world she learned to do this, I have no idea. The boys have never done this before, so she wasn't imitating their actions.

Oh, I'm in so much trouble with this one.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Yes you are in trouble with this one. Just wait until those hormonal teenage years.
But she's so darn cute. It think I would have been laughing if I saw her with her fingers in her ears while I was talking to her.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

I have to say...I have tried to raise three boys to the best I can; however, this little 2 year old (Felicity) is so hard to raise! She also does the same thing with her ears and she yells, "NO" all the time! She also leaves the house without asking and insists that everything be done her way! We are in BIG trouble!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home