UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Excellent Evening

There's been way too much downer news lately. Seriously, I feel like everytime I turn around something depressing is happening. From my own personal health issues to all the deaths from natural disasters on the other side of the globe...and then everything in between. Not much to smile about.



But today, it was the PERFECT spring evening. The sun was out. The ground was dry. There was no wind. There were no mosquitoes.





After dinner, the kids and I just headed out back and had some fun. Lots of smiles. A ton of laughter. Pure enjoyment. It was an evening we all really needed.


(Ella took the above picture)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also needed that "SMILE" medicine myself. Thanks for the uplift and beautiful Ashford smiles. Love you all.
Mom (Mom-Mom)

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Great pictures. I really like the one of Little Max and Ella on the tire swing. Children as so carefree.

Let's pray for more evenings like that one.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Great pictures! Makes me want to go out and play, but alas, it's only 8:45 am and I'm at work. :(

Oh well, it's almost the weekend - always time for smiles (esp since I'll be going to a friend's wedding!).

Love & hugs!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Thank you for sharing the great pictures.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger momo said...

those kids are beautiful. truly. thanks for sharing - their smiles are infectious!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger C said...

Cari
I love the pictures of the kids and you look fantastic!
Hope you are feeling great.
Carina

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those are great photos...even the one ella took.

-scott

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Caro said...

Those are some great pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home