UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Finally, some drops..lots of them.

Finally....after a couple months of Ella dawdling on the potty chair...making me pee while she sits on her potty and does nothing, making me read her books while she sits there with an empty bowl, running to her potty chair AFTER I change her diaper, with her fruitless attempt at urinating...Finally, she peed.

Although, I'm not sure if she'll be doing it again anytime soon. Sara noticed her wiggling around yesterday and put her on her potty chair. She was already sick with a fever, and got scared when she started to pee. She kept trying to stand up, so Sara kept sitting her back down so she wouldn't pee all over the floor.

But she was bawling her eyes out the entire time. The sticker I gave her, the cheers we shared, the "Good girl Ella!" all fell on deaf ears as she just continued to cry, and cry and cry.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Maybe when she's feeling better, it won't be so traumatic. "A" for effort Ella!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger mi said...

Awww, how sad. Don't worry...she won't go to Kindergarten in a diaper. One day it won't scare her and you'll hardly remember the diaper days. That's what I tell myself anyway. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home