UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Run Forest Run...I mean Cameron, Max & Ella.

The kids are running track this year. This is Cameron's third year, Max's first year, and Ella participates (sorta) in the Stillwater All-comer meet, where they don't care how old you are.


They had their second meet tonight.



Cameron ran his best mile yet, a 7:48. (I'm not even sure I could run a mile that fast right now!)And this was after already running a 55m, 400m and 100m. His response after the race: "Mommy, my armpits are wet! And they smell."



Max was doing his hot & cold attitude routine that he does way too often. He lined up for the 55m, but then decided to barely run it, and walk, until I grabbed his hand and finished with him. After threatening him with no ice cream, he ran the next two races, 100m & 200m, with no trouble. Later in the meet, he said, "Mom, do you want to know why I walked in that first race....It was because it was boring." Oh sure, that makes sense.



Ella was being her typical two year old tyrant. She basically wandered all over the middle of the football field (thank goodness the track is enclosed by a fence). When it came time to running the races that she willingly did last week, she just screamed NO! and continued playing in the dirt or pulling up grass. However, once she saw the first race start, (which would be HER race), then she'd run to the beginning to line up for a race...which meant she would end up running with the boys, or some older kids. In this particular meet, every kid gets a ribbon. When Ella finished, she came to me with her ribbon and said, "Look what I found!"



Seeing the kids run is a lot of fun. Trying to keep track of all three kids, and their ribbons, and their drinks, and take one to the potty while another is running and still another refuses to get off her butt and go anywhere with me, makes for quite the exhausting experience.

I'm going to see if I can post a video in another post.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I wish I could have seen Cameron run that mile. If you let him grow his hair out he can join our running team! He's faster than some us that's for sure! How exciting.

-Scott

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

A marathon team in the making! Cameron, the Olympic hopeful! 7:48!!! That's just awesome! The apples don't run too far from the tree, I see - in fact, they run around and around it! ;-)

Love & hugs!

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that bottom picture of Ella and Max running and laughing- so cute! I have no idea how you do it with 3 - I'm finding it a challenge to go to the zoo and the museum and so on with my two- and Z2 is only 7 weeks old so not even mobile! Z1 is just way too fast and agile and determined to do his own thing- my only saving grace is that he loves to show Z2 what he finds or does so will return to where I am chasing him just to see her.
7:48 is absolutely incredible!! Does he like the mile best or does he like the shorter races better? I'm going to email you today about running in October

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video of Ella is hilarious. I love how she looks down at her feet to make sure she is doing it right.

-scott

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Is Cameron a future Olympic contender? I think so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home