UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

36!

Happy Birthday to my husband today!

In his own words, he's "crossed over to the dark side." Meaning, he's now closer to 40 than he is to 30.

Last night to celebrate we all went to the Mall of America to the Rainforest Cafe and on the amusement rides. (Okay, that was more for the kids, but still fun for all of us).

Today we let him sleep in while I took the kids to church. Then we all went to our favorite breakfast place. Tonight Cameron and I are taking him to NBA City and to a Timberwolves Game.

The man works too hard and needs a little fun!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at that beard! I hadn't seen that yet! Tell Melvin Happy Birthday please from the the 3 of us. You and B have a big one coming up here in a few weeks....

Love,
L

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Happy Birthday Melvin and welcome to the "closer to 40 club."

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Happy Birthday, Melvin!

And as for "the dark side" - it's actually been quite fun, for the most part! God bless!

Love & Hugs!

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Hey Max~

You look so grown up in this picture. HA! HA! For whatever reason, I always mix up you and Wally's birthdays. I thought yours was the 17th of this month.

Nonetheless, Happy Birthday! By the way, I need for you to slow down aging a little bit. You know that since you are the oldest of us, you do everything first. So that means, I inch closer to 40 just like you! HA! HA!

I hope you had a wonderful day!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Melvin! Sounds like a fun weekend!

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better get rid of the beard because you are looking more like 50!!

Dana

 
At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that beard makes him look like phillip michael scott! (tubbs). Hah!

i mean..happy birthday melvin.

-scott

 

Post a Comment

<< Home