UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Dinnertime doom

When I left my friend's house, I told her that we were going to Red Lobster for dinner, but that it always ends up being an absolute disaster. However, I had a craving for crab legs, so we were going to try it again.

Well, some things just don't change.



Tonight, I ended up just boxing my meal to eat at home....actually almost all of us did the same thing. The boys filled up on biscuits and chocolate milk before their meal even arrived. And Ella REFUSED with all her might to sit with us. So, between taking the boys to the bathroom twice, and walking crabby Ella around outside while Melvin tried to convince the boys to eat their food, I only had a chance to eat some salad. I don't know why we even bother.

One of these days, the restaurants that we frequent are going to come to their senses and when they see us coming toward their entrance, they’ll quickly turn off all the lights and put up a “Closed” sign. It would save us all a lot of headaches and hassles.

And yet, earlier today I took 5 kids into Burger King, all by myself, and none of us had any trouble finishing our food.

The solution here: More restaurants need to install play places.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger mi said...

Been there. Done that. Totally sucks.

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OR- we've found out that our little guy will sit happily in any outside cafe in Manhattan, in a highchair that faces the road. He loves to watch the cars and cabs and trucks!

Can't wait to see you and take the kids to destroy a nice dining establishment together :)
L

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Caro said...

I think a restaurant with a playplace, not counting Chuck E Cheese (shudder), would be excellent.

We have something out here called Kids Park. It is a drop-in child care place.

I love it and so do the kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home