UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Dooms Day

Max decided that the 15 minute nap he had in the car on the way home from church this morning was all the sleep he needed today. I begged to differ, and placed him in his crib when his crankiness could be tolerated no more.

He cried, and cried, and cried until he realized no one was going to get him. Then he decided to take matters in his own hands. I was downstairs and heard a large thud, but thought it was my husband, who was cleaning out our closet. I heard more crying for about five minutes, but as I made my way up the stairs, the crying subsided.

Then I saw Max’s doorknob turn and slowly the door opened. Out waddled Max with his mischievous grin.

“Mama!” he shouted, running to give me a hug, and then he went about his usual destructive ways.

I feared this day, when we could no longer keep him forcibly confined to a given spot. I think it’s time we get our house alarm hooked up (and a prescription for Valium filled).

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do have those crib nets........sounds a little animalistic but it would keep him safe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home