UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm just so popular

I was in New Jersey a couple weeks ago, and it seemed that everytime I turned around there was this bright light flashing in my face. Apparently my mom wanted to get lots of pictures of me with basically everyone.

Here I am with little Randy, my mom's best friend's son. He tried to hold me, but I almost fell, so we just decided to chill on the floor for a while. Why she didn't get a picture with me and Miss Lanette is beyond my comprehension. My mom can be quite forgetful sometimes (most of the time).

This is Miss Lanette's cousin Gayle. She only held me for a moment because as soon as I started fussing, she handed me right back to my mommy. But she gave me some really cute clothes that I'll actually get to wear in Florida in 2 weeks. I'm sure my mommy will take some pictures of me wearing them, too.
This is my "great" Pop-pop Zibby. My middle name, Helene, is after his wife (my mom's grandma) who died last year. Her name is Helen, and before she passed away, she crocheted me this beautiful pink blanket. I'll treasure it always.

Here I am with my Aunt Dana. I just love hanging out with her. If only she lived closer!!!!

And this is my cousin Chelsea. I think this is the first time she smiled all day. But she's 14, so you can't take it personal! Her birthday is tomorrow. Happy Birthday Chels!



Here is my mom's cousin Kristin. My mom said that if she lived closer, she'd be babysitting me a lot. I think she's pretty cool. Maybe she'll come out and visit soon.

Here I am with my mom's dad, Pop-pop, who hung out with me a lot this weekend. I think he likes that I don't scream like my brothers!

And I'm right at home in my Mom-mom's arms. She hung out with me for a whole month when I was first born, so it was sure good to see her again. She's coming down to Florida for a couple days, too. I'm so excited.

I get a lotta love from here. I hope I'll be back really soon.

5 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is one well-loved baby! And so adorable!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger cg said...

Oh goodie, pictures of all your family. No wonder your kids are so gorgeous, they have real good genes in them!!

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks....we do have good genes!!

....Cari's sister.

Dana

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That picture of me an Ella, belongs on the Why We Run page... LOL...

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I...am....so...JEALOUS!!! I feel so left out! :( That's okay, perhaps the next trip, your best friend will let her sister know when you are in town! Such a cutie!

P.S. - She told me about the Nike marathon in October - I think it's doable at this point.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home