UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Treadmill trotting

I was able to run a little bit today.

Slow...and not too far, but at least it was something.

I ran a mile, walked a 1/4th, ran a mile, walked a 1/4th, ran a 1/2.

Maybe watching all the pretty, little, skinny things on America's Next Top Model helped keep me motivated, and my mind off my breathing issues, because I was able to complete it without any problems.

Wonder if I should start looking for a marathon to train for....okay, maybe not yet.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Cari....I have been praying for your healing!!

Love, Dana

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger cg said...

Oh I am so proud of you! You are such an inspiration woman. I can see you going from strength to strength and distance to distance ;-)

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger LH said...

You are definitely inspiring me to get back in gear.
Happy Summer, Kiddo,
L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home