UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Alpha Ella

Ella basically knows all her letters and sounds.



I wish I could say it's because I'm a teacher.

I wish I could say that it's because I stay home and create all these great learning opporunities for her.

I wish I could take credit for it.

But the reason she knows them is not due to my wonderful parenting skills, but rather because of my lack thereof.

She knows her letters and sounds because everyday she insists on watching this.



Now if only Leapfrog would come out with a video on using the toilet, or not having temper tantrums. Now that would be wonderful.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger C said...

Maybe there is something about the music that make learning easier...and fun! Do you have any of the 'Wee Sing and Learn' series? We have the ABCs and the Dinosaurs books along with the corresponding audio CDs. It is amazing how my little ones learn so much more when books are accompanied by music and song!

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Melly said...

My boys too! May I suggest Talking Words Factory and Math Circus?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home