UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Once Upon a Time I used to write posts that had nothing to do with cancer


My Ella has been quite the stinker lately. Literally.

A couple months ago I boasted about her finally being potty trained. Well, I spoke way too soon. Although she is Pee trained, (which has been WONDERFUL) she is not Poop trained. I don't know why not. She's pooped in the toilet before, but now she has decided that unless we "catch" her in the act and put her on the toilet, she is completely content to just poop in her underwear.

Yesterday morning she went "missing" for about 10 minutes. Once I noticed she wasn't watching TV like I thought, I found her walking down the stairs with a big smile on her face. "Ella, what were you doing?" I asked hesitantly. "I clean potty," she tells me. Oh no, I thought, what in the world did she do? While inspecting the bathroom, I noticed dirty water all over the toilet seat, but I couldn't quite figure out what she had done. But then I smelled it, and then I saw it. She had poop smeared down her leg. After inspecting her room, I discovered her pull-up that she wears at night, filled with poop, just sitting on her bed. She had gone through the trouble of taking it off, then going in her drawer and getting a new one to put on. In the process of changing herself, she made quite a stinky trail.

But just pooping wasn't enough trouble for Ella to cause apparently. Lately she has been horrible at dinnertime. She refuses to eat, she doesn't want to sit down, or she insists on sitting on someones lap. Melvin is really good about being consistent with her. He makes her sit down and eat, but if she chooses not to, he puts her up in her room. She'll cry and throw a fit, but after several trips up and down the steps to her room, she eventually ends up sitting at the table eating. Last night she was pulling her usual dinnertime shenanigans, but when Melvin brought her up to her room, she started coughing and choking on a piece of broccoli. She wouldn't stop coughing so I ran up the stairs, just in time to see her vomit all over my husband.

I had to hold back my laugh, because the look on my husband's face as he stood there dripping in with puke was priceless. And all I could think of was what Ella must have been thinking, "Ha ha daddy. I just showed you. Send me to my room again why don't you! Poetic justice baby. Poetic justice."

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I am sorry that you have to go through all this again. I am just like you, I just want to move on and move past it all. But it is interesting how it keeps a hold on us. On the flip side, can I tell you that I am jealous that you went to a Greg Boyd sermon. I love it when he comes to guess speak at my church. He hasn't been in two years. But I'll be there whenever he returns.

Good luck and many prayers for a quick recovery!

Jodie Wilson

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could she be a little jealous of the new baby? She probably doesn't want to give up her role as the littlest.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Oh how the little girls will bring us to drink! So far, my three boys have never given me the drama I have entailed in the past 2 years! I had to laugh at this post...sorry Melvin!!!

By the way, what a CUTE little boy!!!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Poop is the hardest part of potty training, isn't it.

I thought my son was NEVER going to poop on the potty.

It took a lot of bribery. :-O

So funny she puked on Daddy in the middle of dinner.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Jake choose to poop in his underwear for what seemed like forever!!!! I won't tell you what he started to do with it, I don't want to startle you. Hopefully, she'll decide soon that the toilet is SOOO much easier!

 
At 5:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have 4 kids and all went through this poop thing. I thought my youngest would be in collage before he pooped in tolit. It did come but so many yucky messes. I would throw out undies and just buy new ones. I could not wash out all that poo. Keep being consistant with that little one. Even with then throwing up she needs to know she can not win. My kids are finally getting older and i swear the hardest job in the world was raising them. yes there was more joy most of the time but it was hard work. You also have health issues going on and it is harder to be the referie. I continue to pray for you all. Please keep us up to date on you. We love to hear about yor kids and you cancer fight. Your children are soooo cute. I work with Dr Ashford. I am glad he has been there for you as i know he has a very busy office. GOD BLESS!!

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should have gotten a picture of Melvin dripping in puke.....That picture of Ella looks just like Carla's daughter, Sofia.

Love, Dana

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Ella is going to do something big when she gets older....she sure is showing a lot of thinking, intentionality, spunk, and a "stick-to-it-ness". Go Ella!....well sorta, Be nice to Mommy and Daddy too!?!?!? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home