UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

This Tree

Words cannot explain the loss that I felt 6 years ago today when Cari went home to be with the Lord.  It was 6 years ago but there are times when the pain feels like yesterday.  Of all the things, this tree reminds me most of her.  We planted it 9 years ago.  I remember the argument.  She wanted a Weeping Willow as it reminded her of her childhood.  I didn’t because they are messy!  Obviously she won. 

This tree was not much taller than me when I planted it.  Look at it now.  I imagine Cari to have blossomed likewise in Heaven.  I imagine her spreading her infectious warmth and smile all around heaven.  No longer does she have to deal with the ravishing effects of cancer on her body.   The massive swelling is gone, she can walk again and her long blonde hair is flowing.  She is now as God intended her to be.  I miss her dearly. 


I know that the rocket scientists out there are going to remind me that I have three beautiful children to remind me of Cari.  I know J But sometimes I just like to look at This Tree. 

3 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger jkhenson said...

I still have UnDomestic in my blog reader and every now and then Cari crosses my mind, even though I never met her in person. Your post, sharing your continued love and grief, and faith struck me when I read it. Your family will continue to be in my prayers. Thank you for updating and sharing your thoughts.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger sprinkles said...

How did I ever miss this post? I think of Cari too. I never met her but I still miss her. Her blog is one of my favorites, even after all this time.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Lana Johnson said...

I worked with Cari at Family Academy. It was awesome to read the post from Melvin about the weeping willow tree. My children's pastor recently lost his wife while on a vacation in Jamaica with her 9 year old daughter. Her husband is left with 4 children ages 22 months, 4 years, 6 years, & 9 years. I pray for them and I also still pray for the Ashford children and Melvin. God Bless You all as you discover your "new normal" without Cari.
Lana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home